Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 09, 2008

Dilemma of a working mother

There will be a time when you realise that your children have grown up and they are not little babies anymore..and have I mentioned that I have encountered such moment? Yes last nite, My hubby and I just arrived in front of our little gate, I was just about to take off my helmet when I heard a squeaky loud voice (which funnily was very familiar to me) mumbled words which I couldn't comprehend at all in that very moment, then I finally enter our small carport and as I suspected, that was my cute daughter's voice, so I walked up to her in my very attentive gesture and asked her what was she mumbling on about, then this "thing" came out "Mamaaaa Cica mau beli sepeda yang lodanya duaaaaa ituuu yang kayak o'oow" (artinya: mama cica beliin otopet dong yang kayak teletubbies) well as based on our assistant report that one of the kid in our neighborhood has one, she tried the push scooter then decided that having one is kinda cool, so there she was with her demanding voice asking the very same scooter to us, her lovely parents.

That was when I realised that beneath her small but sturdy built, behind her cute little smiles and acting, she is not our little baby anymore, she has grown into a little kid because she already knows what she wanted...Okay that would be a classic mistake for us working parents that we sometimes (well okay most of the times) indulge our children with small, meaningless presents which we brought together with our arrival at home after work, so these little people got used to the treatment. When we finally realised that they actually do grow..then it is a little bit too late.

Now it is up to us to re-define the meaning of indulgent to these little people so they will not become demanding children one day because you know, we have to be wise and we have to teach them that in order to get things you have to work hard for it, or in this little people's case they have to be good like clean up their toys after playing and put those back in their storage, finish their meals, take a bath in time, never screams, etc, etc then I think..alright I would do that so Cica will not become a spoilt little girl (I said it over and over again in my heart that I will not OBEY to her SUMMOND of getting her a push scooter) in fact after work today, My hubby and I have plan to stop over at PIM to have a peep of this push scooter at toys store somewhere in there just to check how much it cost and maybe we will also check the price of children's helmet, knee and elbow pad, so that when Cica ride her push scooter and accidentally fall off then she would not get scratches on her knees and elbows.




Push scooters that Cica has been talking about.

And even today, her cute face is dancing before my eyes....and her mumbles keeps playing on my head....who's on earth would be able to resist buying things for their own children... especially if she looks like this..........

But for sure we will not get it for her as in TODAY (well we are on a tight budget rememberrrr) but I guess in the next couple of weeks I might.....

Now tell me....what do you think IF you were me?