Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Riding to Central Java with Love Part II

Still Day 2:

After feeding our eyes with beautiful views, we took off from Borobudur, on the way out we were "greeted" by the street vendors , they were all selling all sort of stuffs ranging from a Borobudur miniature, Borobudur Ashtray, key rings and all sort of cute things even a back scratcher made from wood and bone (mm my mom would love it..) and a wooden spoon and etc etc but I had to keep my sanity and tried hard not to fall into all these sellers circle otherwise I would easily dig deep into my lovely backpack and stashing away my money until the last Rupiah I have. Hooray finally I arrived at the parking lot safe (well my wallet was safe indeed). The day was crazily hot, and while I was putting on all the necessary gear before riding back on Yufi's motorcycle, I was sort of drifted away a little bit..I was like "God I can't believe that I am here at last in the amazing Borobudur even yesterday I was at Dieng Plateau and the most craziest thing was we are here riding a motorbike after 12 hours of riding from Jakarta (that was to Dieng Plateau though, it took us another 2 hours to get to Borobudur) which was never ever crossed my mind before especially if my Dad was still alive he would definitely lock the gate and not letting me out at all, as you know how crazy Indonesian riders can be sometimes, because we are famous of being ignorant to traffic rules, but there I was, happily and enthralled by the views and of course the ride itself.

Okay I am comfortably geared up and ready to continue our ride to Jogja. Time was pointing at 2 something and we believed that we would get to Jogja around 4 PM so we cruised off.

We arrived at Jogja around 4.45 PM well almost 5 actually, we headed straight to the TIGER Hotel, a nice brand new hotel operated by a nice lady, Mbak Shanti and her family. The hotel was only 10 days old and she was still fixing and fitting stuff here and there but Yufi and I liked it, even Rigen put his in laws at the hotel as well. The hotel is located near Quality Hotel which is on Jl. Adisucipto (Jl, Raya Solo - Jogja). We went to the reception and got another good news, because the hotel was new so was her way of keeping the guest reservation which actually kind of prone to children's curious little hands, so anyway she lost our reservation because her daughter twinked it off and gave up our room to other guest, so in order to keep our reservation she gave a deluxe room with the price of a standard room hehehehe lucky eh?

We found that the room was huge and nice in overall, but I like the owner and her family more you felt just like home. So we cleaned up ourself, called Rigen and go around Jogja to get some dinner, as it was New Years eve, Jogja was drowned by human flood, people flocked here and there most of them ride their motorbike ranging from "Bebek" type both automatic and non- automatic to "male" bike not too mention cars hundreds of them with mostly "B" plates (B means that the car comes from Jakarta) and other plates but Jogja plates. We finally squeezed our motorcycle out of the crowd and found "Lombok Ijo" restaurant for dinner.

As we can not stand the crowded Jogja city center, we decided to head back to our hotel and spent our New Year there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!

We then felt hungry again, Rigen suggested that we try "Angkringan" a street stall which sells all sort of "finger food" which consists of chicken feet, eggs satay, chicken liver satay, chicken giblet satay and "Nasi Kucing" or "cat's portion rice" (why do they called the rice like that because the portion is so small you need to eat more than 2 serving) and some "gorengan" (fried assortment like tofu and corn fritter). Rigen munched on chicken feet, Ghesy, Yufi and I opted for ginger milk tea and I also ordered chicken liver and giblets satay, Yummy!!!. One thing unique about the Angkringan is it was kinda dark...the light setting was minimum, I bet it was only 3 watts or something.

After chit chatting and set plan for tomorrow we headed back to the hotel and saying night night to Rigen and Ghesy.

To be continued